Needing a duplicate me....

3:29 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
and NOT because I am SO awesome But because I wish I could do more than I am able too.
This past Friday morning dark and early (before the sun came up) The newest Olmsted decided to make her appearance after much waiting on her mother's part. My Sister -In-Law (Andrew's Brother's wife) Delivered her Daughter Delana Grace at 2:43 in the morning. I was the watch the big Sister person and I had a Friend who was willing to take my girls so I could be there for My niece Since My Brother-In-Law is deployed on the same ship as my Husband he could not be here for the birth.
I have spent the last 3 days running between My house and the hospital and taking care of 4 girls as best I can. While also Trying to do as much as I possibly can for my Sister-In -Law. I know If I were in her shoes it would be so HARD to have a baby without my husband and I would hope I had people around me who were able to step up and Help.
If I had a double it would be sooo much easier!!! I could do so much more. But alas I guess I can not do all that I would like to do....

2 comments:

Kristy K said...

That has to be so hard Jane! I can't imagine how you girls do it with your hubbies away. But I'm sure your sis in law was so thankful for everything you did, even if you felt like you couldn't do enough!!!

I was on bedrest with all my pregnancies, so when I see pregnant women being so busy (like you are), it makes me nervous!! :)

~Stephanie~ said...

I am thankful and grateful to have you around. You have helped me so much in the past week and before that too, I have enjoyed your company so much over the past month or so. It has been fun taking walks and talking, made it easier to deal with Paul being gone. You are AWESOME... but remembered we are only human and we can not do everything. I realize that now more than every!!